My kids love to suck on spinach. 😜 ha ha ha…. Come on people, I put OTHER ingredients in too!! BUT, these homemade chocolate flavored popsicles are so yummy you would never know that there is spinach in them!
1 cup frozen spinach
2 Tablespoons raw cacao (I love @navitasorganics )
1.5 Tablespoons raw honey
1 cup chocolate coconut milk (or hemp, almond, etc)
Blend in high speed blender like a Vitamix for 30-60 seconds, pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight.
Nutrition WOW facts:
- NO added refined sugar
- NO artificial dyes or colors
- Gluten-free, dairy-free (if using coconut milk), and nut-free (if using coconut milk)
- High in magnesium, fiber and antioxidants
- Totally delicious and amazingly satisfying
- Good for ages 12 months to 106
- You can use Greek yogurt and water instead of a dairy free milk to increase protein content.
- If youre trying to wean your child off of some of the high sugar popsicles, try doubling the honey at first and then reducing the quantity each time as your child adjusts their tastes to less sugary treats.
- For popsicle molds, I love the smaller size of these for young kids. If you are looking for something disposable for on-the-go treats or to share with friends check out these.